September 23 – Chapter Kickoff & Educational Session
Working Blindfolded: The Remotely Virtual Work Environment
In September of 2020, we find ourselves in unfamiliar territory, on volatile ground, making our way through an often foggy and ever-shifting landscape. Since March, we have found it necessary to call upon every single change management experience and expertise we have. At times, we have found those experiences and that expertise to be lacking; oftentimes completely inadequate. If we were honest, we would admit that at times we have been, quite frankly, scared to death.
Somehow, through it all, we have managed to keep putting one foot in front of the other. We have been able to find a way to “keep on keeping on”. During this session, we’re going to explore, investigate and validate the following:
- What we’ve done that has brought us, seven months hence, into September of 2020
- How we professionals have accomplished this almost insurmountable mountain of challenges by:
- Changing our attitude and perception
- Looking at the collaborative opportunities the current situation provides
- We are going to delineate, in detail, the emotional aspects of what we’ve faced examining the positive psychological impact of virtual meetings.
- Maintaining an old, or establishing a new daily routine is vital to adaptation
- Along the way, each and every day, we’ve made decisions; and while some of them could have been better, we’ve continued to improve and grow. Why has this happened and what did we do to bring about this result?
- Look at the role leadership must play in maintaining a proper business focus and ensuring a work/life balance.
- We’ll look at the positive impacts to profitability
- Ability to quickly bring people together, from multiple locations, to address unexpected opportunities or issues.
- We’re going to create a list of these new characteristics that we have discovered, and to some extent honed; some of which we probably are yet unaware
At the end of this session, you will:
- Have come to the full realization of how much your skill set and professionalism has grown, increased and improved.
- Be able to clearly enunciate and discuss with others the value of this “new” and critical set of professional attributes and capabilities.
- Comfortably share with your family and your “non-work” friends the strength of character that has been steadily growing during this time.
You will not want to miss this virtual meeting!
Date: Wednesday, September 23, 2020
Time: 10:00am – 2:00pm
Registration Deadline: The Zoom meeting link will be sent out to all members the morning of September 23, but we do ask that you register in advance
Location: Zoom – The Chapter meeting will be available via streaming only
Panel discussion with The M&A Project: Bill Millican and Bill Ainsworth
- Special Guests:
- Valorie Millican, Director of Clinical Eduation Development and Strategic Initiatives, Kansas City University of Medicine & Bioscience
- Matthew Verga, Director of Education/eDiscovery, Xact Data Discovery
GKC ARMA Cancellation Policy –
Cancellations must be received no later than noon on the MONDAY before the meeting. If you cancel prior to that time, you will be issued a credit to attend a future luncheon meeting.
No shows and cancellations received after the 12 noon deadline noted above will be invoiced the full registration amount. The Chapter incurs a cost from the restaurant for the number of reservations made and will pass this expense on to the member.
A GKC ARMA member may transfer their meeting registration to another individual. If that person is a non-member, the non-member would need to pay the difference between a member registration and the non-member fee.
Thank you for your cooperation.
GKC ARMA Prepaid Reservation Policy
Want to make your accounting easier- lessen the number of expense reports you file?
GKC ARMA now offers a prepay option. As a member of GKC ARMA you have the opportunity to prepay for the 8 regular monthly meetings in advance ($25 monthly meeting fee x 8 meetings = $200 total to prepay). Does not include final member event/meeting.
If you are not able to attend and have prepaid, send someone in your place and as always, an RSVP is required after receiving the invitation letting us know who will be joining us for lunch. You may also make payments for each meeting you attend if that is more convenient as well.