Get Connected to RIM Globally and Locally!
Become A Member of ARMA International &
The Greater Kansas City
Chapter of ARMA
ARMA International is a not-for-profit professional association and the authority on managing records and information paper and electronic. The association was established in 1955. Its approximately 11,000 members include records managers, archivists, corporate librarians, imaging specialists, legal professionals, IT managers, consultants, and educators, all of whom work in a wide variety of industries, including government, legal, healthcare, financial services, and petroleum in the United States, Canada, and 30-plus other countries.
How to Join
Go to www.arma.org and click on Join/Renew at the top of the page. You may register to join ARMA International and GKC ARMA on the ARMA website. Please note that you must join ARMA International in order to become a member of GKC ARMA. You will find Greater Kansas City Chapter of ARMA under the Midwest/Rocky Mountain Region.
ARMA International one-year membership fee is $175.00. To join a local chapter an additional fee is required. GKC ARMA Chapter fees are outlined below.
GKC ARMA Fee Structure
Membership type Member fee
Regular Member $35
Honorary Member – No charge –
Retired Member $10
Student Member $10
Student member definition: Must be enrolled at an institution of higher learning as a full time student, provide verification via registrar and limited to one year.
Retired member definition: A retired member is a former or current member in good standing with the association who has retired from the profession.
Please note that membership is tied to the individual. ARMA International does not offer corporate or organization based memberships. Should you change employers your membership stays with you. Once you are a member, please be sure to keep your profile updated (name change, contact information etc ) via arma.org.
Who to Contact With Questions
You may contact the Director of Membership, with questions regarding membership at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chapter Member of the Year Award
The GKC ARMA Chapter recognizes one RIM professional each year with the Chapter Member of the Year Award. The award is open to all Chapter members in good standing. The award recipient will be selected based on his or her contributions to the field of records and information management during the current program year. Criteria include, but are not limited to: speaking or taking an active role in any RIM events, participatory roles in RIM-affiliated task forces and teams, promotion of RIM to audiences outside the Chapter, and participation in the GKC ARMA Chapter. Chapter members are encouraged to complete the reporting form linked above and submit their activities to the Past President on a monthly basis. The member with the highest score at the end of the year will receive the award. Good luck!
- Educational luncheon meetings the second Wednesday of each month, September thru June.
- The GKC ARMA website contains information concerning upcoming Chapter events, news of interest and it affords the ability to register and pay for meetings online.
- Volunteer outreach events that allow our Chapter to make a difference in the community.
Benefits of Membership
- Informative educational sessions that address current RIM issues. The meetings are held at attractive and enjoyable venues.
- Educational sessions that allow for the opportunity to maintain CRM continuing education credits.
- Opportunities to contribute to your own professional development and the growth of your Chapter.
- Great opportunities for networking with colleagues.
- Automatic subscription to the award-winning Information Management Journal.
Legislative news alerts that apply to RM.